Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentine's Day Special ~ Book Boyfriend Battle

Welcome, fangirls and fanboys, to my Valentine's Day special post...

There are so many truly amazing YA books with h-h-hot fictional guys - how is a bookworm supposed to choose just one as their book boyfriend?! 

So in the spirit of Valentine's Day, I'm going to help you guys pick your book boyfriends by placing a few of my faves in the 'Arena Of Love' and having them fight it out. 

About the 'Arena Of Love'

There are six rounds.
Each round includes two fictional guys who are of similar character/hotness/awesomeness.
Each guy will be given a swoon-worthy quote as his weapon.

Then after you've watched them battle it out, you decide who won by letting me know in the comment's section who you thought emerged victorious from each round.


So without further ado...let's get started!

ROUND 1
~ DAEMON BLACK vs. ADRIAN IVASHKOV ~
These two paranormal bad boys have a lot in common - good looks, big hearts, & sarcasm for days. 


Daemon Black

Appears in: The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
One-sentence summary: Hot, sarcastic-as-hell alien dude (Luxen)
Physical description: dark hair, emerald green eyes with dark eyelashes, tan skin. Has been noted to have a 'well defined chest'
Likes: kittens and cookies

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote: 

So I was thinking, there're eighty-six thousand, four hundred seconds in a day, right? There're one thousand, four hundred and forty minutes in a day...There're one hundred and sixty-eight hours in a week. Around eighty-seven hundred and then some hours in a year, and you know what?...I want to spend every second, every minute, every hour with you...I want a year's worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many that I can't add them up.”


Adrian Ivashkov

    Appears in: The Vampire Academy series & Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead
One-sentence summary: Hot naturally created/born vampire (Moroi)     
Physical description: artfully styled dark chestnut hair & deep emerald green eyes. Dresses to impress. Has the body of a male model 
Likes: art & ninja skeleton parrots

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote: 


"When I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”     


ROUND 2
~ ROTH vs. FLYNN McALLISTER ~
It's the battle of the demon dudes! They may be demon-spawn, but deep down these two guys have hearts of gold.

Roth

  Appears in: The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
One-sentence summary: Wickedly sexy demon prince    
Physical description: has realer-than-life tattoos & is as sexy as hell (no pun intended)   
Likes: Bambi

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

"I lost myself the moment I found you."


Flynn McAllister

  Appears in: The Cambion series by Shannon Dermott
One-sentence summary: Sexy in the streets, incubus in the sheets!
Physical description: Tall, dark and handsome    
Likes: girls with big vocabularies, cookies for Santa

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

"You're the kind of girl a guy can fall for," he said then paused before speaking again. "And you of all people know that love is not possible for people like you and me."


ROUND 3
~ WILLIAM HERONDALE vs. JACE HERONDALE ~
There may be a generation gap, but some things don't change - every Herondale we've met has been utterly handsome, charming (when they want to be) & with a wickedly sharp wit!

William Herondale

  Appears in: The Infernal Devices series Cassandra Clare
One-sentence summary: Composer of the 'Demon Pox Song'    
Physical description: deep violet-blue eyes, black hair, high cheekbones, and long, thick lashes. And, of course, full lips.   
Likes: weapons, poetry, & long walks through London at night.

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

"Was there ever a more beautiful sound than your name? To speak it aloud makes my heart ring like a bell. Strange to imagine that, isn’t it – a heart ringing – but when you touch me that is what it is like: as if my heart is ringing in my chest and the sound shivers down my veins and splinters my bones with joy.

(...) You are not the last dream of my soul.  You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming. You are the first dream of my soul, and from that dream I hope will come all other dreams, a lifetime’s worth."


Jace Herondale

  Appears in: The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
One-sentence summary: An angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead...or so it says in City of Ashes!  
Physical description: golden hair & golden eyes 
Likes: weapons, music, sponge baths, beverages (not pink), & redheads

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

"I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then."


ROUND 4
~ SETH vs. AIDEN ST.DELPHI ~
The gods had a stroke of brilliance when they created these two! 

Seth

  Appears in: The Covenant series & (coming soon) the Titan series by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
One-sentence summary: Your Apollyon cuddle bunny
Physical description: blonde hair, a gold complexion and perfect facial features  
Likes: cuddling, paranormal tattoos, & swimming in pools at night

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

"He leaned back and brushed strands of wet hair off my face. The ache his hands created was almost too hard to deny. His breath danced over my cheek, then my lips. Just let me kiss you." 


Aiden St. Delphi

  Appears in: The Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
One-sentence summary: Rocking the Sentinel uniform at your local zoo
Physical description: dark wavy hair and quicksilver grey eyes
Likes: weapons, Toto, & red Skittles (no green)

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

"Ever since I’ve met you, I’ve wanted to break every rule.” Aiden turned away, the muscles in his neck tensing. He sighed. “You’ll become the centre of someone’s world one day. And he’ll be the luckiest son of a b**ch on this earth.” 


ROUND 5
~ MORPHEUS vs. JEBEDIAH HOLT ~
These two have everyone madly in love! A.G. Howard's males will have you wanting to follow your local white rabbit down the rabbit hole...

Morpheus

  Appears in: The Splintered series by A.G. Howard
One-sentence summary: The moth of your dreams
Physical description: blue hair, purplish eyes surrounded by detailed markings, and wings
Likes: insects, causing trouble, flying, & hats.

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

 "Share reality with me. Give me forever. We will wreak such beautiful havoc together."


Jebediah Holt

  Appears in: The Splintered series by A.G. Howard
One-sentence summary: Your loyal Elfin Knight
Physical description: dark hair and deep green eyes
Likes: skateboarding, painting, & cinnamon cookies

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

 "It's me I'm losing control of. Hundreds of sketches, and I still can't get enough of your face." He traces the dimple in my chin with his thumb. "Your neck." His palm moves along my throat. (...) Both hands find my waist and drag me off the table so we're standing toe to toe. "I'm not wasting another second drawing you," he whispers against my lips, "when I can touch you instead." He presses his mouth to mine.



ROUND 6
~ AARON WARNER ANDERSON vs. PATCH CIPRIANO ~
These two fictional heartthrobs have undergone many trials and struggles in order to love freely and be loved in return. 

Aaron Warner Anderson

  Appears in: The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
One-sentence summary: One touch is all it takes (no pun intended)
Physical description: blonde hair, pale emerald eyes, defined jaw, and killer dimples
Likes: hygiene, puppies, & has a soft spot for fashion

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

 "His hands are holding my cheeks, and he pulls back just to look me in the eye and his chest is heaving and he says, "I think (...) my heart is going to explode.


Patch Cipriano

  Appears in: The Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
One-sentence summary: The guy your mother warned you 'bout
Physical description: dark hair, beautiful eyes, & optional wings
Likes: kissy time

His weapon/swoon-worthy quote:

 "You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.


Who won each round?
Who won overall?
Which book boyfriends would you add to the list?

Let me know below & have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

12 comments:

  1. Blogger may show repetition in some areas and/or other faults (due to the amount of content on the screen & loading time). If things look weird/aren't loading, refreshing the page may do the trick! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not possibly choose between Daemon and Adrian! They are two of my favorites ever and I can't decide! I'm familiar with all of the other ones, but out of the ones I do know, Seth FOREVER over Aiden, and Warner over everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely a Warner fangirl! And it is a hard choice, especially since they're all so amazing <3

      Delete
  3. I couldn't possibly choose between some of these! Like Aiden and Seth, Will and Jace, and Adrian and Daemon! I think Aaron is definitely better than Patch :) Awesome post!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some of those pairings are really hard to choose between...maybe we can just pick both?! :)

      Delete
  4. I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A POST LIKE THIS HAHA GREAT JOB, LOVED IT SO MUCH. I'm for Jace!! :) Although, it was hard to choose! Most of them look really handsome ajdsf;

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! And you're so right, they're all handsome lads, it's true ;)

      Delete
  5. I've loved so many of these characters for a long time, but I will always vote for Flynn. He just has that special place in my heart! And I must say, this is one of the most awesome posts I've seen in a long time. I plan to share it lots so more can come and check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And Flynn is definitely one of my fave YA boys, too <3

      Delete
  6. Adrian,Morpheus,Will and Warner are my winners. And overall I would have to choose Adrian. He has been with me the longest.
    Absolutely Brilliant Post. I had so much fun reading it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...