It's November wrap up day!
Today is about wrapping up the past month in a virtual bow and showcasing some of my fave reads and upcoming ones that November brought to my doorstep. Plus you can catch up on the latest blog news, upcoming events, and take a peek at my top three book merch recommendations for the month.
So without further ado, let's get wrapping!
- I got involved in my first Instagram challenge! #TheChallengeOfLoom (1A) got The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova ARC receivers thinking up new and exciting ways to show off their love for Elise's new series. Run by the awesome @thebookishcrypt & @amybraunauthor the challenge was so much fun and I'm definitely looking forward to doing more in the future!
Take a sneak peek at the challenge over on Instagram!
Books & Stuff
- Nicole Deese and her heartwarming storytelling strikes again in The Promise of Rayne! Need a reason to pick it up? Here are four.
- November was a month for cover reveals. The highly anticipated novels The Animal Under The Fur by E.J. Mellow and Guardian of Secrets by Brenda Drake showed us just how pretty our bookshelves are going to look next year.
- Fellow blogger and friend Library Luv and I finished our buddy read of The Alchemist of Loom by Elise Kova. Elise Kova proved that a good character makes for good reading in a book that earned its 5 star rating.
- This month was filled with Elise Kova news. She also launched her Air Awakens prequel trilogy the Golden Guard series and the first novel The Crown's Dog was a joy to read.
- With the release of the brand new Beauty and the Beast trailer I was most definitely in the mood for some fairytale magic! A good thing I had Den Of Wolves by Juliet Marillier and Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige to keep me company.
- Christmas came early thanks to Jill Shalvis and her latest sizzling holiday novella One Snowy Night.
What's Happening In December
- Prepare for lots of guest posts. Not only will I be adding more #FriendFavourites posts (see details here) but I have a guest who will be coming over to celebrate a special milestone with us!
- Some holiday reading recommendations for you to curl up with.
- An upcoming author interview.
- Some more blog tours and giveaways for you to enjoy.
- I, along with some other members of the Emma's Elites (the street team for author Emma Raveling), will be running a Whirl December Read-A-Long! For more details see here.
One of my favourite things to do is to go bookstore adventuring. Finding new bookstores and experiencing their magic is always tonnes of fun, so I got together a few friends last month and we set off!
My fave stop was my first ever trip to a Harry Hartog bookstore. I'm honestly head over heels in love (like can I live there because it's honestly my book dream come true!).
I don't even know where to start. From the adorable 'Keep Calm And Read Books' board, the typewriter, the hanging hot air balloon models, and the comfy reading chairs in the store - to the sit down secondhand book library outside the store...I could have spent hours
days even! wandering around discovering new authors and tales to adore.
November was a month with a strict book-buying ban! I placed one on myself mainly so I could catch up on some important reviewing and to focus on university exams.
However I still received quite a few publisher and author ARCs and giveaway prizes (so my TBR pile was still fed, don't you worry!). My overall haul comes to a total of 6 print books (ebooks not included).
Below are the titles I read /received + my thoughts so far on them.
- The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
- Thoughts: Nothing beats a well written fantasy piece and Brandon Sanderson is clearly a master of his craft. I picked this one up thanks to a book recommendation from a friend and am so happy I did. The world-building is not only on point, but the base concepts are unique and make for a truly immersive read.
- So many Melissa Foster novels!
- Thoughts: That woman knows how to write romances that not only have you swooning and daydreaming for days, but that have a raw undertone that connects and brings the occasional tear
or two...or three!to your eyes.
The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
The Promise of Rayne by Nicole Deese
The Crown's Dog by Elise Kova
Den Of Wolves by Juliet Marillier
Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
One Snowy Night by Jill Shalvis
- #1: Bag Ladies Tea Novel Teas are my life. Anyone who follows me over on Instagram will know how much I love sneaking their tea bags into my photos so I can share their beautiful book quote tags with you guys. Novel Teas contains 25 teabags individually tagged with literary quotes from the world over, made with the finest English Breakfast tea. Spend teatime with treasures such as C.S. Lewis, Rita Mae Brown, and more!
- #2: As an extremely lazy book page folder (I know, I know - it's a book crime of the highest order!) I am always on the look out for bookmarks that will turn bookmarking into an activity I can get excited about. Two Sugars has some of the cutest bookmarks around featured in their online store. These ice cream bookmarks are the perfect accessory for any book on your shelf!
- #3: Whether you're a Muggle, or a witch or wizard, there's one item you need in your life pronto - a Marauder's Map Transforming Mug! I got mine from Zing Pop Culture (which also sells a whole range of Harry Potter heat transforming mugs such as a Polyjuice Potion one!) but they are sold at other stores as well.
What was your fave November read or TBR addition?
Let me know in the comments below!